ABOUT WAYNE WHITING
Wayne Whiting is the founder and Managing Director of Shainwright Consulting and Research Group. He has been involved in the food, beverage, dairy & forest products industry since the 1970s – rising through senior managerial ranks with large organisations, achieving the role of General Manager (1997-99) with a large Asian dairy company. Since 1999 Wayne has been involved with the establishment and management of his various business interests in New Zealand and Australia.
Wayne’s employers have included trans-national organisations, unlisted private companies, listed public companies, joint ventures and co-operatives. A dual New Zealand/Australian citizen, he spent almost 30 years living outside NZ and has completed residential assignments during this time in Bahrain, the United Kingdom, Malaysia and Australia. As well as private sector assignments, Wayne has completed public sector projects – including those funded by Aus-AID, British Know-how Fund, Private Sector Linkages Programme, and Asian Development Bank.
Returning to live in New Zealand in 2014, Wayne lives and runs his various business interests at his location in the South Waikato (New Zealand’s traditional dairy heartland).
Wayne has held various memberships, directorships, and awards. These include:
- Current: Member American Oil Chemist Society
- Past: Member Dairy Industry Association of Australia (Inc)
- Fellow Royal Geographical Society of the United Kingdom
- 2013-14: Member Australian Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee
- 1994-97: Founding director of Pt Berrivale Indosari – an Indonesian fresh juice processing and marketing business with plants in Jakarta and Denpasar
- 1994-96: Member, Australia-Indonesia Horticultural Task force (seconded by Australian Federal Government, DPIE)
- 1987: Finalist Television New Zealand Marketing Awards – Category, Strategic Marketing; Product, Cheesecake
Wayne has outstanding academic qualifications from leading New Zealand universities. These include: Master of Business Studies, Master of Philosophy (Sociology, cum laude), Bachelor of Agricultural Economics, Bachelor of Commerce & Administration, and Diploma in International Marketing.